Pace University is a private institution with a focus on liberal arts and sciences. Founded in 1906, it emphasizes skill development and critical thinking. Class sizes are intentionally small with a student to teacher ratio of 14 to one. Almost half of the classes have less than 20 students in them, giving each student the attention they need to excel in their field of study. What started out as one class of 13 students has grown into a multi-campus university with locations in New York City and Westchester County. Pace University has recently been ranked 188th in national universities.
Pace currently has several major initiatives underway through 2020. These initiatives are intended to provide greater opportunities for both students and the university. The four areas of growth include Student Experience, Student and Alumni Outcomes, Institutional Vitality, and a Community of Excellence. Pace is using the latest technology and resources to achieve its goal of increasing the value of its degrees. With the growing popularity of its online degrees, Pace intends to educate those not only in New York but around the world as well.
Pace has received accreditation by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE). This accreditation assures that Pace continues to provide the quality education required by MSCHE. The commission is a voluntary, non-government association committed to maintaining educational standards in its schools.
Pace accepts online admissions on a rolling basis for each semester. Be sure to check the website for start dates and program deadlines. The first step in enrolling is to complete the online admission application. This is available in paper form as well. The second step is to submit the appropriate paperwork depending on if you are applying for a bachelor or associate degree.
These are the requirements for a bachelor degree:
- You must have an associate degree or a minimum of 56 liberal arts credits. A minimum GPA is required of 2.5 unless you are applying for a BA in nursing which requires a 2.75.
- You must submit official transcripts from your previous institution. These can be requested through Pace University.
- You must submit a copy of your high school diploma or other high school equivalency.
- You must submit a copy of your TOEFL / IELTS score if you are transferring from out of the country. Your score on the TOEFL must be 550 or higher on the paper version, 213 or higher on the computer version, or 80 or higher on the internet version. Your score for the IELTS must be 6.5 or higher.
- You must submit a professional resume.
For an associate degree the requirements are as follows:
- You must have less than 56 college credits or never attended a higher education institution.
- You must submit all documents listed above for the Bachelor program.
- You must submit the official copy of your high school transcripts. This must include a high school GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- You must submit your official SAT/ACT scores if you graduated high school in the previous two years.
The third step to applying at Pace University is to track the status of your application through the university’s online portal. Please note that the admissions office prefers to receive all documents electronically. Pace welcomes back students that wish to complete their studies after taking time off. These students must submit resumption of studies and change of major forms. They must submit a personal essay detailing how they expect the program to benefit them. They must also submit any transcripts from institutions that they attended after leaving Pace.
Tuition and Financial Aid
The tuition fees for iPace, the online learning facility are $680 per credit for a BS in Nursing. All other degrees are $555 per credit. There is a $50 technology fee that is required each semester. There is also a $50 ProctorU fee. For students experiencing financial hardships, there are financial aid options available. These include:
- Student Loans – Students may apply for the Federal Direct Stafford loan by submitting a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form.
- Pell Grant – This is a federally funded grant that is available by submitting the FAFSA.
- Yellow Ribbon Program – Pace participates in the yellow ribbon program to assist veterans in obtaining their degrees.
- Third Party Billing – Pace accepts third party billing for students whose place of employment has agreed to pay for their credits. Students must submit a letter of credit from their employer to Pace. The employer must pay full tuition costs at the beginning of the semester.
Online Degrees Available
Pace University offers a variety of associate and bachelor degree programs through its online program, iPace. iPace was rated in the top 10 for online bachelor programs for the past five years by US News and World Report. The online programs are held to the same standards as all of the programs at Pace University providing you with a degree employers know and trust. Choosing an online program allows you to set your hours and pace. The tuition fees are also significantly lower ensuring a comfortable fit with your budget.
The leadership and management degrees offered through iPace include:
- BBA in Business Studies – This degree offers a concentration in Marketing and Management. It prepares you to be an effective manager in an ever-evolving field. The school supplies the tools you need to excel in this digitally connected world. It also teaches decision-making skills that set you apart as a leader in your field.
- BS in Professional Technology Studies – This degree offers a concentration in Business Technology Leadership. Strong managers are in high demand in the IT field. This degree prepares you to design and implement technology solutions. It teaches you how to communicate effectively with all members of an organization despite their knowledge of the field. It prepares you to adapt to the quick changes that occur on a daily basis and implement flexible solutions. The program gives you the tools you need to manage a team effectively and use project management best practices.
Graduates of iPace become highly coveted managers and leaders in their respective fields. When you choose one of Pace University’s programs, you begin a path of becoming a model for change, growth, and initiative.
When something is wrong, and there is an issue, we rely upon the police to help us. They are often the first to respond to a crisis, arriving on the...
Which's master's degree type is best for you? It depends on your career goals, your field of study, and even your learning preferences.
A , which tracks nationally representative K-12 STEM data, sheds light on the impact of STEM education — especially computer science and engineering. For the first since its release in...